Some Lebanese are like this guy that goes to the doctor

Some Lebanese are like this guy that goes to the doctor.

- Akh ya hakim, my whole body is hurting, my head, my back, my legs, akh akh akh, and my neck is stinging like hell…

The doctor examines him, and after doing all the necessary tests, he gives the guy a detailed diagnosis. The latter looks at him, outraged.

- Oh my God, you’re such a negative person.

The doctor is surprised.

- What do you mean?

- Look at you, sitting here, criticizing me. How dare you? Who the hell you think you are? Why can’t you be more positive? Why can’t you tell me that I’ll be fine, that my pain will go away?

- I’m telling you why your body hurts, says the doctor.

- Who needs such negativity?! This is unacceptable!

- But I’m a doctor, that’s what I do…

- Rubbish, you just like to criticize. You just like to bring people down.

- At least let me give you the necessary treatment…

Angry, the guy stands up.

- I will not take anything from someone like you.

He storms out and slams the door.

- You bastard!


© Claude El Khal, 2015