Monday, June 5, 2017

The blog has grown up

Pin ThisEmail This

"My Beirut Chronicles" - the blog's previous name - has become, these past couple of years, a brand in its own right. I want to explore its potential and turn it into something bigger than just one man’s voice. I won’t say more at the moment, I’ll tell you all about it in due time.

On the other hand, I’ve been facing a very annoying issue: most people know me as a writer-blogger and maybe as a political activist. But many have no idea I’m also a filmmaker, a commercials director, and an adman. Many don’t even know I published a novel back in 2005.

This, sadly, did hurt me professionally, despite the blog's success. I needed to do something about it. So I decided to showcase my work, in all its different aspects, under one banner - the only name all my different activities have in common in people’s mind: my own.

That’s why, from now on, the blog will be called "Claude El Khal", as it did when I started it, out of curiosity, in 2009. It has grown up so much since! For a while, it didn’t you where it was going. It tried a few things, had different names, before finding its path and identity.

With precious help and advice from a few friends, the blog is finally ready and all my work can now be found in one place.

Under the blog’s title, you can find a simple top menu bar that allows you to:


- Know a bit more about me

- Select a language and read posts in English or French

- Watch my short films

- Read about my books

- Check out my cartoons

- Discover commercials and campaigns I created or directed

- See what’s been said in the media about my work

This applies if you connect from any device: computer, tablet or mobile. 


The desktop and tablet template also allows you to:

- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

- Subscribe to the blog and receive new posts by email


The mobile template is a little simpler but no less enjoyable!

The blog is now my only "official" website. I hope it’ll always be up to your expectations – some of them at least! – and keep annoying the intolerant, the hypocrites and the humourless zealots of this world.


© Claude El Khal, 2017

3 comments:

Josyane Boulos said...

Sacre boulot ! Bravo Claude! Bonne continuation !

Aurore said...

Bravo Claude ­čśŐ

Pitoune said...

I knew the old you, more than the new you and who knew, ' what to do what to do'.
Good old you, sounding as good as the old you.

Whether you are new or old, one thing has continued to be the same; your struggle for good, your fight through humour and words, opening the minds of those who know no better and enlightening those who cannot leave their comfort zone. Your passion, your talent and your smile are your trademark. You Claude El Khal have touched & influenced the direction in much of my life. I'm so grateful for it. May you have many happy years of doing the same for others.⭐️