I’d be the worst man in the world if I didn’t share this with you


I woke up this morning with an urgent need to laugh. Today is, once again, election day. And we’re obviously going to witness all the depressing things that stained the Lebanese democratic process during the past two Sundays.

So I scrolled down my Facebook timeline, trying to avoid anything that had to do with today’s elections or with Lebanese politics in general, and found this video. I watched it out of curiosity and laughed so hard, I believe I woke up the deaf old woman living next door.

I know this is not the kind of post you’d expect from My Beirut Chronicles, but I felt I’d be the worst man in the world if I didn’t share it with you. It’s not a brilliant satire from a comedy genius, but it’s probably the funniest video I’ve seen in a very long time. This woman's laughter is so contagious, it should be used as a therapy against everything. Her video broke Facebook live viewing record with over 100 million views!

So there you go, have a great laugh and a very good Sunday!