The blog has grown up


"My Beirut Chronicles" - the blog's previous name - has become, these past couple of years, a brand in its own right. I want to explore its potential and turn it into something bigger than just one man’s voice. I won’t say more at the moment, I’ll tell you all about it in due time.

On the other hand, I’ve been facing a very annoying issue: most people know me as a writer-blogger and maybe as a political activist. But many have no idea I’m also a filmmaker, a commercials director, and an adman. Many don’t even know I published a novel back in 2005.

This, sadly, did hurt me professionally, despite the blog's success. I needed to do something about it. So I decided to showcase my work, in all its different aspects, under one banner - the only name all my different activities have in common in people’s mind: my own.

That’s why, for the time being, the blog will be called "Claude El Khal", as it did when I started it, out of curiosity, in 2009. It has grown up so much since! For a while, it didn’t you where it was going. It tried a few things, had different names, before finding its path and identity.

With precious help and advice from a few friends, the blog is finally ready and all my work can now be found in one place.

Under the blog’s title, you can find a simple top menu bar that allows you to:


- Know a bit more about me

- Select a language and read posts in English or French

- Watch my short films

- Read about my books

- Check out my cartoons

- Discover commercials and campaigns I created or directed

- See what’s been said in the media about my work

This applies if you connect from any device: computer, tablet or mobile. 


The desktop and tablet template also allows you to:

- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

- Subscribe to the blog and receive new posts by email


The mobile template is a little simpler but no less enjoyable!

The blog is now my only "official" website. I hope it’ll always be up to your expectations – some of them at least! – and keep annoying the intolerant, the hypocrites and the humourless zealots of this world.


© Claude El Khal, 2017